Last updated: 9th Sep, 2019
Information we may collect
We may collect and process the following personal information about you:
- Information that you provide via our website.
- Information that you provide if you contact us through our general enquiry form.
- Information that you provide when completing surveys that we use for research purposes.
- Information you provide which we may use during your stay and tours, or to enhance your experiences with us. This could include sensitive personal data, eg dietary requirements, health information and/or information about disabilities etc.
- Details of transactions (including details of payment cards used) that you carry out through our website.
- Details of your visits to our website, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and/or the resources that you access.
- Information that you provide when you enter a competition or promotion.
- When you report a problem with our website.
- Information that you provide when registering to one of our programs, including, but not limited to, registration to our website, corporate account request, Booking Bonus registration and claim, e-newsletter subscription, registration to our membership.
- Information that you provide when submitting a Meetings and Events enquiry.
- Information passed to us by third parties.
- Information you may provide when ordering from the concierge service of your accommodation.
- Information you may provide when booking our travel services.
Website Usage Information:
We automatically collect IP addresses and website usage information from you when you visit our website. This information helps us evaluate how our visitors and customers use and navigate our Website on an aggregate basis, including the number and frequency of visitors and customers to each webpage, and the length of their visits.
How we may use your personal information
We may use your personal information for the purpose of:
- Providing you with our services.
- Dealing with your booking, enquiries, complaints about our service, or other requests.
- Tailoring our services to your requirements and preferences.
- Direct marketing services, providing news and industry updates, events, promotions, reports and other information and carrying out market research campaigns.
- Providing you with information about other services, special offers that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. This may include products and services made available by selected partners and any member of our group of companies.
- Conducting internal operations and analysis, including systems testing and statistical research.
- Complying with laws, orders or regulations.
We may contact you by email, text or telephone for these purposes. Telephone calls may be recorded for our internal training and monitoring quality control.
Our website provides you with the opportunity to opt out of receiving promotional and marketing information. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by selecting the appropriate/opt out option. You can also exercise this right at any time by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org your name, email address and, if you have made a booking with us, a confirmation number.
We employ cookie technology to help visitors and customers move faster through our site. When you sign on to our website or take advantage of several key features, we may pass cookies to your computer. A cookie is a string of information that is sent by a website and stored on your hard drive or temporarily in your computer’s memory.
Given that the internet is a global environment, using the internet to collect and process personal information necessarily involves the transmission of information on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing our website and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal information in this way.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access or processing.